Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Brendothatsme on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 am

Cause I don't have to share if I'm not asked Smile
avatar
Brendothatsme

Posts : 28
Scum Credits : 28
Join date : 2013-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by If I Could Rewind on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:16 am

Firstly I'm slightly confused as to all the different lines of thought going but here's what I've got so far, correct me if I'm wrong.

Brendothatsme: Has Some suspicions against both Tim and Jayden being scum partners.
(I think your logic isn't 100% sound but defiantly plausible to some degree. I originally was very suspicious of how hard you pushed this point, but then Tim came on to say sorry for not defending myself I was at school. Then left without defending himself, makes me O.o but I'm not sure if suspicious or just lack of time.)

Eggs: Thinks it's suspicious that I didn't announce who I think Walt the Alt's controller is.
(Fair point, however I decided not to for several reasons. One, I said "I think I know who it is, not I know who it is. Two I didn't want people to just assume I was right or be swayed by my opinion, I would rather if everyone came to their own conclusions. As then the majority would most likely be correct. Three I didn't want to share who I thought the controller is as this would force said controller to make action of some kind. However If you really want me to share who I think it is then say so and I will.)

Anyway here's my list of how likely I think it is that people are scum.

Alex - Thinking everything out and very calming/ pacifistic (mildly suspicious but that's also how I like to play so can't really fault it)
Overlord - Same as Alex
Darth - you voted (That is so out of character that you must be scum! /joke seriously I'm not sure but you do seem to be paying very different from last time. However this probably doesn't indicate anything.)
Eggs - Waiting for rebuttal but you jumped on my list really hard Sad (Once again mildly suspicious but I'm waiting for rebuttal)
Brendothatsme - Jumped on Tim very hard for little real reason or evidence ( Quite suspicious, this is the first time I've played with you so I"m not sure of your play style.)
Tim tam - Lack of rebuttal and randomized votes earns you a slightly suspicious.
Everyone else not suspicious so far at least.
Btw the seriousness goes:
Not suspicious,
Mildly suspicious,
Quite suspicious,
Defiantly suspicious,
Very suspicious,
100% Scum
avatar
If I Could Rewind

Posts : 939
Scum Credits : 961
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 22
Location : http://resplect.justforum.net/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 am

it's true I'm playing differently (slightly more joking less observation more asking of the questions other would generally ask instead of me, less cruising along adding to the debate but not really getting involved) something like that I assume. I thought I'd participate this time, if you don't like it lynch me (I'm joking don't do that I'm a vanilla townie in the non-racist kind of way). Also I think you summed up everybodies scumminess pretty well. Except for Overlord voting for Eggs to 'see how this turns out' or something like that, as the mod he knows Eggs role and obviously is amused by my suspecting him (or something along those lines, I shall continue with my vote for Eggs though I am Questioning My intial Judgement)
avatar
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Posts : 1633
Scum Credits : 1662
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 2012
Location : Bethlehem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by If I Could Rewind on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks Darth, and nice catch with this :
Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Except for Overlord voting for Eggs to 'see how this turns out' or something like that, as the mod he knows Eggs role and obviously is amused by my suspecting him
I didn't even put together the fact that he knows the roles with that, however I don't think it means too much. At most it might indicate that eggs is detrimental to Overlord's win condition, whatever that is. At least it's just a social experiment to see how everyone reacts.
avatar
If I Could Rewind

Posts : 939
Scum Credits : 961
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 22
Location : http://resplect.justforum.net/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by The King of Eggs on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:11 am

Well fantastic, Darth votes for the first time in years, and he votes for me :/.

@Darth can you at least try to explain this time, usually you are spot on with your guesses... This time you not only make an error but vote on it? Hmm.

@SO I see no reason to not share WtA's controller, we can assume that both players have aligned roles, IIRC even postulates that both are town, yet by withholding that info he could allow the (according to him) town controller of Walt to be lynched, if you believe you know 2 town members, and are town, why the heck not scream it from the rooftops?.


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by The King of Eggs on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 am

Missed the 4th page.... derp

Ok IIRC, I now understand your reasoning, It's still not what I'd do, but then again I wouldn't mention having a clue till I was certain either.

unvote

Nice catch there Darth.

Brendothatsme wrote:Cause I don't have to share if I'm not asked Smile

Oh hell no, that's not how this game works.


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Alex Steiner on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:32 am

Darth, can you introduce line breaks in there somewhere?

I'm inclined to give Tim Tam the benefit of the doubt regarding prompt defense. Give him some time (like, up to a day), because some of us have class and commitments.

I doubt Walt and his controller have the same win condition, that leads to easy exploits (small thought, I guess they could be like telepathic masons or mutual scumbuddies, but that's hardly fun).

By the same token, it is apparently possible for them to win in the same game ("not mutually exclusive"). A such, I disagree with Eggs' assertion that they must both be town, although I think that at least one of them is not scum. I am in favour of keeping Walt around for a while, since the interplay between him and unknown controller could reveal some of the balance of power.

Also worth noting, Walt can stay around after the controller respawns as a different role, or change hands after he dies with controller still in play, just to further complicate things. A problem for another day; for now it's just Walt and controller.

Please, post whatever thoughts you have, unless posting them specifically endangers the town (eg "that guy is a doctor and I sure hope the scum don't kill him"). Don't wait to be asked, please.


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by The King of Eggs on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 am

Alex Steiner wrote:=
By the same token, it is apparently possible for them to win in the same game ("not mutually exclusive"). A such, I disagree with Eggs' assertion that they must both be town, although I think that at least one of them is not scum. I am in favour of keeping Walt around for a while, since the interplay between him and unknown controller could reveal some of the balance of power.

Don't put words in my mouth mister. I stated that IIRC said they were both town.


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Alex Steiner on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 am

Fair point. Do you agree with what I said then? Do you, IICR?


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Walt the Alt on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 am

If I Could Rewind wrote:OK I have a fun game for everyone.

It's called ...... guess who Walt the Alt really is.

I'm pretty sure I know who it is, however other people's thoughts/ opinions are nice.

I'll give you a hint, it can't be Jayden, Darth, Tim tam or Brend because he posted before overlord prodded them. Well at least that's what I'm assuming.

By all means, keep assuming things bro :3

Brendothatsme wrote:Now your suspicious of me ? Aren't you? so either I want to be lynch and I'm doing the best i can to be noticed or I'm just sure that Tim Tam is scum either way that's what you have to decide,

Scum tactic 1O1 convince others your moves are bad for Scum players.

Vote: Brendothatsme
avatar
Walt the Alt

Posts : 45
Scum Credits : 45
Join date : 2013-02-28
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Alex Steiner on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:27 am

Walt, we need far more info from you. WHat do you think of all the talk both about you, and about others?


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by If I Could Rewind on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 am

@Alex + Eggs I said that I think it's quite likely that Walt and his controller share a win condition, I then said that this means it is more likely that they are town. Seeing as it is logical for Town to be the most common win condition given out. One of the reasons that I think this is the most likely conclusion is because of the wording of the townie win condition. And I quote.

Supreme Overlord wrote:Moderator:
Welcome, Supreme Overlord, to Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia. This is your 1st incarnation. You are a Vanilla 1 Townie.

You have no special abilities.
You have 100 points.
You are not marked.

You have the following active win conditions:
Town 1 Factional Win Condition: You win when all other Generation 1 factions have left the game. This win condition expires when all Town 1 players have left the game.

See the wording, it says "You win when all other generation one factions have left the game. This means that if Walt and his controller are not the same faction, then the controller has to pick between either him or his Alt winning. This I think is unlikely. I could of course be reading too much into this, so feel free to add criticism.
avatar
If I Could Rewind

Posts : 939
Scum Credits : 961
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 22
Location : http://resplect.justforum.net/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Walt the Alt on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 am

So far very little talk about poor old me... Too much yapping about the wizard who controls me. As for the others, give me 24hrs I've been away too long, I need to catch up.
avatar
Walt the Alt

Posts : 45
Scum Credits : 45
Join date : 2013-02-28
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by The King of Eggs on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:37 am

@IIRC Yea, there are other options, walt and the controller could have a joined win condition, also let us not forget the points part of this game, maybe Walt/controller win via points, We simply don't have the role info to assume things yet.


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Alex Steiner on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 am

And it's entirely possible (and somewhat likely knowing overlord) that no one actually got the (boring) vanilla PM.

The controller might have an explicit allowance for Walt, or more like is built from the ground up to be able to win with or without Walt, and vice versa.

Alternately, Walt is not an alt, and is another person entirely.


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Tim Tam on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:01 am

ATTENTION EVERYONE

I do have schooling commitments and therefore often cannot get onto Resplect. On the odd occasion that I do have a spare moment to go on it is mostly just to keep up to date with everything so please don't get too concerned about me not posting alright?
avatar
Tim Tam

Posts : 203
Scum Credits : 206
Join date : 2010-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by The King of Eggs on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:06 am

Alex Steiner wrote:
Alternately, Walt is not an alt, and is another person entirely.

Oh god.... I never even considered that...


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Supreme Overlord on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:43 pm

GH912KPNO is joining the game. Wow. Vote count incoming.


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by The King of Eggs on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 pm

What the hell is with the sudden increase in Mafia members lol


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Whoever Walt is he likes Lost does anybody we know like Lost.
avatar
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Posts : 1633
Scum Credits : 1662
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 2012
Location : Bethlehem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Brendothatsme on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Recruiting is going well Smile hahaha
avatar
Brendothatsme

Posts : 28
Scum Credits : 28
Join date : 2013-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Supreme Overlord on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Let me just say I'm loving Darth's new playstyle. It reminds me of what I wanted him to be back in the old days.

I'm interested in who Rewind thinks Walt's controller ('the wizard') is, but he makes a good point about people forming their own opinion.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Except for Overlord voting for Eggs to 'see how this turns out' or something like that, as the mod he knows Eggs role and obviously is amused by my suspecting him
If I Could Rewind wrote:At most it might indicate that eggs is detrimental to Overlord's win condition, whatever that is.
It's one of these. But I also thought I'd take the chance to go along with 'Darth's Super Scumdar' instead of questioning it.

The King of Eggs wrote:@SO I see no reason to not share WtA's controller, we can assume that both players have aligned roles, IIRC even postulates that both are town, yet by withholding that info he could allow the (according to him) town controller of Walt to be lynched, if you believe you know 2 town members, and are town, why the heck not scream it from the rooftops?.
Nah, not even. Walt's controller doesn't need Rewind to save them from a lynch; they can do that themselves with a simple claim - and Walt can easily back them up/catch them out.
Missed Eggs missing the 4th page, derp. Kept for posterity.

Alex Steiner wrote:Also worth noting, Walt can stay around after the controller respawns as a different role, or change hands after he dies with controller still in play, just to further complicate things. A problem for another day; for now it's just Walt and controller.
Speaking as Mod, I haven't quite decided what to do with Walt past his 1st incarnation. It's a problem for another day for me too. You guys'll find out what's important soon enough.

If I Could Rewind wrote:This means that if Walt and his controller are not the same faction, then the controller has to pick between either him or his Alt winning. This I think is unlikely. I could of course be reading too much into this, so feel free to add criticism.
I can confirm that Walt and his controller are not of opposing factions. However, keep in mind that different generation factions explicitly do not oppose each other, and the possibility of non-factional win conditions.

Alex Steiner wrote:And it's entirely possible (and somewhat likely knowing overlord) that no one actually got the (boring) vanilla PM.
You're a funny lad.

Alex Steiner wrote:Alternately, Walt is not an alt, and is another person entirely.
I wish. The signup thread said that Walt would indeed be an alt (OK, I didn't specify the account name, but that's pedantry...) I might be (am) concealing things, but I won't outright lie about game mechanics.

Vote: Walt
Eggs is listening to reason, and Walt should be more talkative.

PS And you thought that being the mod would limit the walls of text ...


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Supreme Overlord on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Vote Count 9 of Day 1

Walt the Alt (3): Jayden1222, Tim Tam, Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord (1): Walt the Alt
The King of Eggs (2): If I Could Rewind, Darth Skywalkerbacca
Tim Tam (2): Alex Steiner, Brendothatsme
Brendothatsme (1): The King of Eggs

Not Voting (1): GH912KPNO

With 10 votes in play, it’s 6 to lynch.
Deadline is 11am, Monday 18th March.


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Yeah increase in players is my bad
avatar
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Posts : 1633
Scum Credits : 1662
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 2012
Location : Bethlehem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Brendothatsme on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm going to throw something out into the air, who ever Walt the alt is he is being very smooth I like his style.
avatar
Brendothatsme

Posts : 28
Scum Credits : 28
Join date : 2013-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum