Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this game any good? Damn Alex and his self esteem lowering posts

33% 33% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 6

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by If I Could Rewind on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:13 am

May I just ask how I have been:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:
IICR may or may not be good at detecting scum, however maybe he should learn not to act like scum.

I know I havn't been posting much but thats mainly because I couldn't get on from thursday arvo till sunday arvo.

also if I have been acting like scum it still plales in comparison to what your doing, why would you claim bulletproof even if you didn't claim vig you didn'thave to claim bulletproof. So why would you claim somthing that by claiming only hurts the town.

and what do you mean we would have reacted badly to the vig claim we only would if you misused it or used it stupidly.
avatar
If I Could Rewind

Posts : 939
Scum Credits : 961
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 22
Location : http://resplect.justforum.net/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:33 am

Thank you Supreme Overlord for your over bearing trust you have placed in me "(with some great role that he'll fail to use...)" I'm doing the best I can but restictions make it hard.

Also I'm sorry if I don't srticulate myself well enough but that is because my mind is somewhat illogical yet brilliant (as you know).

Sorry but I cannot give particular indicators as to how I know Alex and the frog man aren't scum because there are no clear indicators apart from there general phrasing of sentences.

Also I know that the frog man's posts are not particularly in deoth for you but you must understand that the frog man is a new player who really knows only the basic rules and roles I know because I've had to explain what some are. (sorry frog man if you see this as an insult)

Also I don't think that Reverse Simplicity should claim and last game when I said that Reverse Simplicity is scum I wasn't sure, I knew he was a power role but I didn't know which one and an easy way to confirm which one was to lynch him. I know that seems wrong but still he may have been scum though three scum would have been a bit over the top. but once again I wasn't sure (and that annoyed me).

avatar
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Posts : 1633
Scum Credits : 1662
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 2012
Location : Bethlehem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Alex Steiner on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:01 am

Short post:

The King of Eggs wrote:The Dishonourable:
The Mythical 8th Player (May He/She Rest In Peace)
Hmmm...

I have a "disembodied voice" in my role telling me that frog's definitely scum...but it was not clear whether I should be trusting it or not (it said that too). It was not coloured (if that's any use). They also had bad grammar and failed at inverted commas.

We have helpful quote tags as well.
Code:
[quote="Username"]Text[/quote]


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Reverse Simplicity on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 am

If I Could Rewind wrote:May I just ask how I have been:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:
IICR may or may not be good at detecting scum, however maybe he should learn not to act like scum.

I know I havn't been posting much but thats mainly because I couldn't get on from thursday arvo till sunday arvo.

also if I have been acting like scum it still plales in comparison to what your doing, why would you claim bulletproof even if you didn't claim vig you didn'thave to claim bulletproof. So why would you claim somthing that by claiming only hurts the town.

and what do you mean we would have reacted badly to the vig claim we only would if you misused it or used it stupidly.

Pardon? what? excuse me? thanks for confusing me with tfm... OMGUS


/Last laugh
avatar
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Posts : 862
Scum Credits : 937
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Messing with your psyche!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by If I Could Rewind on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:52 am

sorry reverse I was just asking frog why he thought i was acting scummy and why he thought we would react badly to the vig claim.
avatar
If I Could Rewind

Posts : 939
Scum Credits : 961
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 22
Location : http://resplect.justforum.net/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Reverse Simplicity on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:15 pm

If I Could Rewind wrote:sorry reverse I was just asking frog why he thought i was acting scummy and why he thought we would react badly to the vig claim.

Well you didn't word it very well then, at no point did you mention that you where talking to frog...


/Last laugh
avatar
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Posts : 862
Scum Credits : 937
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Messing with your psyche!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Alex Steiner on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:42 pm

frog's grammar skills are rubbing off. Quick! Lynch him!

But seriously, I don't know what to do with him. So far the screwery is not so much mind screw as schizophrenic tendencies of the mod coming out, and the three of them have successfully mutually contradicted themselves (is that even possible?).

But, we must work with what we are given. Supreme Overlord's doing a good job of writing heaps, but not saying any more than others for it (though still more than some, it's just the density that varies). IICR is just being confusing (or he was, not so much now Razz ). Darth should explain himself oh so much better. Just a little please. You must conform and be assimilated into the conventional mafia game Twisted Evil .

I agree that frog should do a proper claim (in depth ftw).

I think that some of you are misusing "OMGUS", which is used to describe an attack that is based only on the fact that they're attacking you. It is a bad thing to be doing.

But yes, it can also mean exactly what it says, I suppose.

Darth: You mention "restrictions". What are they? How do they affect you?

Also: Do your magic and find the scum (not the town). You've done it twice before, but now I'm town and actually want you to tell everyone who it is (and give you the credibility Very Happy , sorry about the last game).


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Supreme Overlord on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:07 am

Indigo is truthful … you heard it here first.

Indigo wrote: im not telling you [my win condition]
Since he’s not, this is evidently true

Indigo wrote:yes my first post stated i am the Mod
Also evidently true, as well as:

Indigo wrote:we can’t vote, for that would break the balance of power
Unless Eggs screwed up and forgot his own post restriction (which should result in either a modkill or at least a public announcement), and is a possibility.


If we look at something Orange has said:

Orange wrote:we will be here tomorrow
Something to consider is that they may not be. I think we should get as much out of them as possible anyway, so we can analyze it after any flips tomorrow.


Mod, the frog man doesn’t show up in votecounts. Error? (To be expected in Mind Screw…) Also, Darth.


Supreme Overlord wrote:[b]FoS: The King of Eggs

See how he’s posted, like he’s a player?
We’ll lynch you tomorrow.
This got a warning, even though he later said only that voting or FoSing the mod trio was modkillable. Eggs also told me (privately, so grain of salt) that voting/FoSing the mod would be fine. Why the warning then? Discussing tomorrow’s actions?
Testing: if the frog man isn’t dead by tomorrow morning, we’ll lynch him.

Alex, what is your opinion on frog now? What do you think of a frog-Reverse scumteam at this point?

Orange and Indigo, you target powerful roles, yes? What exactly is frog’s role? Why is it so powerful and worthy of targeting? Anything you can say to convince us other than “he’s scum” “no he’s not” “yes he is”?

Olive, what do you want?

No Warning, and let me make something clear, the trio are only ristricted in posts about players. Razz eat that overlord


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Supreme Overlord on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 am

Argh tag fail. Why?...


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Alex Steiner on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:50 am

You used Microsoft Word, with smart quotes enabled (the thing that gives you slanted quotes). These are not ", and so the tag parser doesn't recognise them.

I make a point of not considering pairings until one of them is dead. I haven't given thought to a frog/RS team. RS does (and did) seem to be defending frog where no one else is (was) though...everyone else was either neutral or believed him scum.

I heard that is was the FoSing that got you the warning. I think it's the distinction between Eggs and colours.


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Alex: I'm sorry but my role restricts from answering your question. Also finding scum is more a process of elimination then it is close your eyes and hope for the best, and with some people posting iregullarly, and me not knowing If I Could Rewind, I find it hard to narrow down(also Mikey b0y is a back-up right, he isn't actually playing?).

Also has anyone given any thought to the fact that the frog man may be a bulletproof jester (just putting it out there I'm not saying that it's right).

avatar
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Posts : 1633
Scum Credits : 1662
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 2012
Location : Bethlehem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Alex Steiner on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Actually...perhaps the mod told the town he was scum and the scum he was town...either way he wins.


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Supreme Overlord on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:53 am

Mod: pretty please fix those damn tags? i did

So Darth has a post restriction that he can't elaborate on ...
We have been told that Mikey b0y is a replacement, and there don't appear to be any posts written in his style.

And you had to mention a jester ... FakeVote: Darth. Generally, you don't mention jesters; plus, frog isn't really playing to be lynched (as if a mod would help a jester, especially in Mind Screw...). Plus, we've got it pretty much guarenteed that frog is either Town or Mafia, not third-party.

Darth wrote:Thank you Supreme Overlord for your over bearing trust you have placed in me "(with some great role that he'll fail to use...)" I'm doing the best I can but restictions make it hard.

Also I'm sorry if I don't srticulate myself well enough but that is because my mind is somewhat illogical yet brilliant (as you know).
This is the first post in which Darth mentions restrictions; not in conjuction with his scumhunting, but with his role. Is your role hard to use properly? (don't have to necessarily answer that, just mentioning it as a possibility).

Darth wrote:the frog man is a new player who really knows only the basic rules and roles I know because I've had to explain what some are.
Scumslip perhaps? When were you explaining these rules and roles to frog?


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by If I Could Rewind on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 am

hmmmmmm now that I think about It the argument around frogs (guilty/not guilty) is based only on his claim "*mistake*" and from things eggs or the Mod mOd and moD have told us. Having never played mind screw before if this really is mind screw would he try and make us lynch our only power role or the only SCUM power role?????????
avatar
If I Could Rewind

Posts : 939
Scum Credits : 961
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 22
Location : http://resplect.justforum.net/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Supreme Overlord on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:51 am

I doubt the frog man is the only power role; Vanillas in Mind Screw are rare. Even if the roles of the others aren't really 'powerful' as such, chances are they can be used to help their faction.

If I Could Rewind wrote:the argument around frogs (guilty/not guilty) is based only on his claim "*mistake*" and from things eggs or the Mod mOd and moD have told us.
The way I see it, the discussion surrounding frog is partly inspired by role PM information as well as mod hints. He hasn't handled the pressure very well at all. This, coupled with his horrible claim, means that the frog man needs to start talking.

So, Rewind, what do you think of the frog man, alignment-wise?


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:46 am

Supreme Overlord: "frog isn't really playing to be lynched (as if a mod would help a jester, especially in Mind Screw...). Plus, we've got it pretty much guaranteed that frog is either Town or Mafia, not third-party."

Please remember that THIS IS MIND SCREW don't make assumptions about what the Mod will or will not do. My philosophy is that you can't take mind screw to seriously or else the Mod has won.

If I was to guess at the scum I'd say:
If I Could Rewind
Reverse Simplicity
(Also I want to see more from Tim Tam)
avatar
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Posts : 1633
Scum Credits : 1662
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 2012
Location : Bethlehem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Supreme Overlord on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:53 am

Darth wrote:If I was to guess at the scum I'd say:
If I Could Rewind
Reverse Simplicity
Can you elaborate as to why? (And if you can, do so!)

The assumptions I will make about the mod include things like:
The setup will be vaguely balanced
No single player can ruin the game
He will follow his own rules (although he may be able to change them)

For now, I am somewhat forced to assume that Olive's first post was truthful, and therefore that either Indigo or Orange are telling the truth, and therefore frog is either Town or Mafia.

I have a feeling Tim Tam will be replaced...


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Alex Steiner on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:33 am

Activity has died off. BAD! BAD TOWN! Post more! You too scum! MOAR POSTS!!!

OK, I'm alright. Moving on:

Yes, frog is either town or mafia. That's pretty easy to conclude.

But which? I want him to post more, so I can decide.


Or Something.
avatar
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Posts : 1663
Scum Credits : 1754
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Sitting at a computer, with clothes on (probably).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by the frog man on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:52 am

you want me to post more alex. something you all have to ask yourself??? do you realy think i am scum. this is a mindscrew game. you say that the mod will not pick one side. well why did he choose me. indego sent round a false message in the role pm and now i am paying for it. why.....
i get the point that i am a power role. but i do not know how. or why. and why does surpreme overlord not want everyone to answer my questions??? is it because he is intent on making a false lynch so he needs the attention on me? or is there a reason that i am not seeing. post more later.. i g2g atm




why do you lie to the people? one can not know that are a power role and yet not know their ability? Also no message was sent from indigo to the slaves of this world.
avatar
the frog man

Posts : 27
Scum Credits : 30
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Supreme Overlord on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 am

frog wrote:something you all have to ask yourself??? do you realy think i am scum.
Well, yeah, at the moment I do think you are scum, or at least the scummiest, and we probably need to start looking at a lynch.
frog wrote:this is a mindscrew game. you say that the mod will not pick one side. well why did he choose me.
I find it likely he will pick someone else tomorrow, if the colours are around. I also don't like the way you keep saying 'this is a mindscrew game'. We know; we signed up for it. Despite any weird roles/mechanics, it's still a game of Mafia.
frog wrote:indego sent round a false message in the role pm and now i am paying for it.
Did you know about the message in the role PM before I mentioned it? Was it part or your role PM?
frog wrote:i get the point that i am a power role. but i do not know how. or why.
Your role would have been randomly selected. If we started this game again, any of us would be just as likely to get ‘Bulletproof Vigilante’.
frog wrote:does surpreme overlord not want everyone to answer my questions???
I don’t want the town to massclaim on Day 1. We don’t need to know, and the scum definitely don’t need to know.
I do want you to do a full claim, all in one place. This includes character name, origin, role, any abilities you have, and any information that would be important. Also give some reasons why your character might have those abilities.
frog wrote:is it because he is intent on making a false lynch so he needs the attention on me? or is there a reason that i am not seeing.
I think you managed to get the attention onto yourself, with a little help from the mod. I think, at the moment, a frog lynch would give the most information. If he is indeed a Bulletproof Vig, I think Eggs would have planned for a Day 1 frog lynch, given the events so far. I’m also not entirely content with frog having sole access to a kill, but I’m sure he could be guided if it came to that.
frog wrote:post more later
Looking forward to it.


Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.

Supreme Overlord, Hank Wimbleton (from Madness Combat), Epic Serial Killer, Endured Unto Infinity
avatar
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Posts : 2463
Scum Credits : 2544
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 24
Location : Hurtling effortlessly through space and time

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Reverse Simplicity on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 am

Vote: the frog man

it's either he is scum, so it is reasonable for me to want him dead.
Or
bad play style... and therefore the vote is to prevent him from having a NK ability.

90% sure on the first reason. the second is for the 10% cushion.



/Last laugh
avatar
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Posts : 862
Scum Credits : 937
Join date : 2010-08-23
Location : Messing with your psyche!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by The King of Eggs on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:13 am

The Mod’s fury knows no boundaries! He looks down at the abbreviation that one of his slaves dares to attempt. TKOE he is monogrammed! Did this slime not read the previous sign up thread! TKE or TKOE, the similarities are there for all to see.

If I Could Rewind: receives Mod Punishment D1 (for disgracing the Mod)

Reverse Simplicity attempts to warn his playmate that P*ssing the mod off is bad, but it is too late for warnings!

Reverse Simplicity: receives Mod Gift D1 (for snitching err I mean for warning others)

each of you have untill 12 noon friday the 3rd to send me a number between 1 and 3, IICR if you do not make your decision then all three will take effect {≪<Yay for taking something away from QCS}, RS you have 24 for hours to do the same or your gift is forfeited.

For those who are interested I have seen all requests for vote counts.

to be nice i should warn you that lynching by monday is in your best interests.


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by The King of Eggs on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:51 pm

A toned Down mod reward for the person who does a VC. i lost track

;p

just post the vc and a number between 1 and 3 by 1 pm tomorrow.

don't do it its a trap



ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by The King of Eggs on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

If I Could Rewind took his ponishment like a man

Mod Punishment 1.

your role PM will be posted in the thread.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Welcome If I Could Rewind, you are Scooby Doo, from The Adventures of Scooby Doo.
Raggy? Oh where’s raggy? You ask, well I gruess ill have to get out of here to find the rest of the gang.
Active ability:
Meddling dog – each night you may send me a yes or no question about a player (without mentioning alignments) and I will answer truthfully.
Passive abilities:
Scooby snack – if you are responsible for hammering scum I will grant you immunity from night kill you lynching in the following Night and Day respectively <you also know that I like Fridays for my deadlines and prime numbers to lynch. This you may reveal, this is special knowledge that You alone posses, you also know that every role pm contained a piece of important information.>

Oh wait what that!

Hmmm that frogs bloke looks a bit suspicious don’t you think? Says a voice
What whose there?! You yell.
Never mind that. I’m trying to tell you that the frog man is a dirty scum ball the voice explains
What? Really? You ask amazed? Wait why should I trust a disembodied voice?
Heh heh heh, I guess you’ll just have to! The voice fades
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


anyone {Alex!} who insults my role pms get the three punishments.


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by The King of Eggs on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

red is punishment, green is reward before anyone says there is a new colour


ذا كنت تستطيع قراءة هذا الخروج ثم يمارس الجنس ، تمزح فقط أخيه الله واحد صحيح.



For the good of us all:
This link kills spam
avatar
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Posts : 1010
Scum Credits : 1085
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 24
Location : Where ever you aren't!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum